2020 Dates: 12 – 15 September; 7 – 10 November; 19 – 22 December
2021 Dates: 20 – 23 February; 12 – 15 June
This workshop is an opportunity to reflect on living with less … less money, less consumption, less pollution, less worries and hopefully more time (and money) for what is essential for you…
Housing is for many people the main expense and concern, therefore the main subject will be to examine several options for simple housing: small sized natural house, tiny house, container, lightweight house e.g. yurt.
You will also visit two places where people have been experimenting since several years ways to live in a more sustainable and self-reliant way (food production, seed saving, low technology systems, earth buildings): Earth Home homestay run by a Thai family, Pun Pun organic farm organised as a community. Self-reliance is a key aspect for living with less, and you will have the chance to learn how to make healthy drinks, Thai cuisine dishes and cosmetics.
- Earth building (soil testing, making and laying adobe bricks, making a Cob wall, earth plastering)
- Simple and affordable housing
- Healthy Thai cuisine class, making of herbal tea, natural soap and kaffir lime shampoo
- Earth building (making a Cob wall, earth plastering)
- Staying 3 nights in a comfortable earth-made room (suitable for 2 people, private bathroom)
- The calm of a homestay and garden in a small Thai village
- Delicious Thai food (vegetarian or non-vegetarian)
- Simple living, self-reliance, minimalist and affordable housing
A few movies will be proposed after diner
On request: Thai massage available on site (400 baths for 2 hours)
Please note that the course is in English and limited to 8 participants.
Price: 7,200 baht per person (220 USD, 200 Euros) including accommodation in lovely earth bricks rooms, 3 daily meals, transportation from/to Chiang-Mai airport.
Alain, eco builder and founder of BaanDinDoi (Chiang Rai, Thailand). His Thai wife and he have started to live more simply and in a self-reliant and sustainable way since a few years.
Aom, manager at Earth Home Thailand, she is also one of the permanent cook and has been involved in several workshops (sustainability workshops for children etc). As a young mother, she is very active in Earth Home School, an alternative way to educate children of a few families in the
The workshop is organized by BaanDinDoi and hosted by Earth Home.
More information at https://baandindoi.com/workshops/happy-with-less-natural-living-and-alternative-housing/
Contact: [email protected]